*If you HAD to give up one of your senses (sight, hearing, touch, taste, or smell), which would you “give up?” Why?
*Which sense is the MOST IMPORTANT to you? Which one is the least important? Why?
*Another way to look at this: If you could be given a SUPER example of one of your senses (incredibly good eyesight, or superb hearing….), what would you choose? Why?
*A final way to look at this topic: do you personally know anyone who has lost one of his/her senses? Which one? How does this person “cope?”
Five senses
We all use our senses to help us move around and do things, and we always think they are critical and will be with us forever. However, this is not so; senses are still part of your body, and it is your responsibility to take care of them and use them wisely. People can lose them in accidents in many ways, so it is always in dangerous unless you be careful
The sense I think I need the most is my sight, because I tend to rely on what I see and move faster that way. Also, I just love reading, so without sight, I think my life would be so much harder to enjoy or use effectively.
However, if I had to give up a sense, I might choose my hearing, because it already is slightly bad, plus, thanks to my language perception, I think I can understand most of what people try to communicate to me.
Also, if I had a chance to upgrade one of my senses, I would choose sight, so I could see much farther and clearer, like a personal camera zoom. It would also help me move even more faster, because I have a huge view awareness, and can easily perceive slight movements around me from the corner of my eyes; I think I can see about 200 degrees around my head.
To give an example of a person who has lost one or part of their senses, excluding myself, Mr. Ivison could be a nice example. When he was younger, he got hit in the eye, and some fluid leaked out. Since then, his eyesight has a dark hole in the middle where he had been hit, a painful reminder every time he opens his eyes. He has learned to cope with it by looking or twisting his head slightly so he can see around it, and to him, it is less a nuisance than it could have been.
In conclusion, always be careful with your senses, and never forget that our senses can be used how we like them as long as we take responsibility for them.

No comments:
Post a Comment